Welcome to Haw Ridge
Haw Ridge lies on the other end of town from Black Oak,
is the furthest
from Walden, and looks towards the
Smokies rather than the
In the spring, it's laurel covered and about a million shades of green; in the fall it's everything from crimson to lemon, with flame and orange predominating. In the summer, it's dark, cool, and inviting; in winter, a little barren, perhaps, but has "good bones" and so is always beautiful.
Here are pictures of beautiful places, not by any means all near The
Ridges [I may be biased, but I'm not blind]. Elsewhere on these pages, Walden Ridge to be exact, you'll find more structured things -- visitors' pages, tourist pages, chamber of commerce pages, such like -- but here it's just pictures. Just pictures...
start with some that other people have put on the Web for your
- Like these
of Lake Baikal, Siberia:
- And these
- new Oak Ridge -- hey, about time, right?
- Smoky Mountain Mall you can never get too many looks at the Great Smokies.....
- still more Smoky Mountain pictures: bears, deer, cabins...
National Park Service's WebCam on Look Rock over the Smokies past Clingman's Dome and Mt. LeConte... updated every 15 minutes
- the Blue Ridge: close enough to the Smokies to be part of them...
Pictures of Northern Scotland -- gorgeous!
- Leonids Meteor Gallery -- check out especially Frank Andreassen's incredible Leonids-and-Aurora shots
- Aurora's Northern
Nights, the Aurora Borealis--stunning
- Ed King's pictures
of Anderson County, Tennessee, my homeland...
French Alps: Train trip from Chamonix to St. Moritz
Atlantis heads for the ISS: against a full moon, we reach for the stars
- The Galaxy Gallery - Messier Objects: Galaxies and Nebulae
- Hubble Space Telescope Pictures - Stars, Galaxies, Clusters, Nebulae -- all of space
- The Web Nebulae: stellar and planetary nebulae, emphasis on æsthetics, meaning beauty
- East Coast Lighthouses: from Newport Harbor to East Quoddy
- And follow up with my own photos:
- My Smokies Photos:
- Other Pictures:
- Some by my sisters...
- And finally, some eye-candy...